Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2/24/09 Interview Transcription

For my interview about the California budget, I decided to interview my friend Omar Aziz and how the new California budget was going to affect him and his family. He seemed to know a lot more about this than I did.
AH: What do you think about the new budget being passed?
OA: This is definitely something that is good for the state of California. At first people might be against it because of taxes and I know California will save millions of dollars in this year alone.

AH: How does this effect you?
OA: Since I go to a state college, there is a good chance the tuition will increase for next semester and if the budget helps us get better jobs which pay more then it shouldn't be a problem but that is something I am not looking forward to.

AH: Has anyone else in your family been effected by California's huge deficit or the economy?
OA: My mom was laid off a couple months ago from her job working in a tire factory and I am pretty sure that is because of the economy but it was a good thing I do not live with my parents anymore so they don't have to waste any of their money on me anymore.

AH: How long do you think it will take California to get rid of the deficit?
OA: I don't know if California will be able to take care all of the money problems it has but we should see improvement in our economy within a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment